Wildflower Hunter

Anything goes where the wildflower grows. I'm new to the beautiful world of wildflowers. I'd like to share what I've learned and what I hope to learn along the way.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Rocky Mountain High

Patrick and I are off to Colorado early tomorrow morning. We'll be gone for ten days so neither of us will be blogging for a while. We'll be in Vail for a week then off to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park for the last three days. Patrick found a wonderful hiking book geared towards wildflower lovers and he's done some research on Rocky Mountain birds. Check out his most wanted bird at The Hawk Owl's Nest. As for my most wanted wildflower...it's tough. There will be so much to see that I'm already overwhelmed and we're not even there yet! I would like to see Elephant's Head Lousewort. It's a cool and unique plant that really does look like little elephant heads. It should be pretty easy to find since I've read that it's a fairly common plant. Be sure to check back after the 27th for reports and pictures.





4 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there young lady you usurped my handle.
    Actually that is fine because you are much younger, much better looking and the opposite sex. Besides you are a blogger and my bag is photography. Check out my website www.wildflowerhunter.net.
    The other wildflower hunter.
    P.S. I come up first on a Google search.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    The other Wildflower Hunter - Sorry to use your handle. I'm excited about your website. I love your photos. Would it be okay to use some of them for my blog if I don't have my own to use? Of coures, I'd give you full credit.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    that would be of COURSE, not coures. :)

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes you may gladly use some of my pictures. I have a lot more but it takes time to get them web ready. This site only takes jpg files and mine are a different format and much larger.

    The other Wildflower Hunter

     

Post a Comment

<< Home